|Availability||Out Of Stock|
- Struck from 5oz of 99.99% pure silver with an antiqued finish, this stellar creation portrays a coloured design celebrating the astrological signs of the zodiac.
- 99.99% pure silver
- Coloured astrological signs of the zodiac
- Extremely limited mintage - 388
- Each coin is housed in a classic display case within an illustrated shipper and is accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the weight and fineness, the 2022 year-date and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: The coin portrays colored artistry of each star sign created by Perth Mint designer Lucas Bowers. Each sign is accompanied by inscriptions of its name and its pictogram. At the center of the design is a stylised motif representing the Sun.
With their names derived from Greek or Roman mythology, the signs of the zodiac represent the 12 constellations central to Western astrology.
Early civilizations believed that the stars, Sun, Moon and planets had an influence on earthly affairs. Observing the night sky over the course of a year, the Babylonians identified 12 different patterns of stars through which the Sun appeared to travel. The roots of astrology lay in the idea that an individual’s character and fate was somehow linked to the arrangement of these celestial bodies at the time of their birth
ANTIQUED FINISH 99.99% PURE SILVER
Each coin is struck by The Perth Mint from 5oz of 99.99% pure silver.
TUVALU LEGAL TENDER
Issued as legal tender under the authority of the Government of Tuvalu, the coin’s obverse shows Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the 2022 year-date and the monetary denomination.
The roots of astrology lie in the idea that an individual’s character and fate is somehow linked to the arrangement of the celestial bodies at the time of their birth. The respected Greek astronomer Ptolemy gave the concept scientific respectability in the 2nd century AD, describing the zodiac (meaning ‘circle of little animals’) to represent 12 constellations, matching them with the month of their apparent ascendancy.
The coin’s stellar design portrays coloured artistry of each star sign, accompanied by inscriptions of its name and its pictogram. At the centre of the design is a stylised motif representing the Sun.
The Perth Mint will release no more than 388 Signs of Zodiac 2022 5oz Silver Antiqued Coloured Coin.
CLASSIC DISPLAY PACKAGING AND NUMBERED CERTIFICATE
Accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity, this stunning coin is housed in a classic display case within a stylishly illustrated shipper.